Knight of New Zealand Ltd was originally founded in 1972 under the name Knight Tailors Ltd The company gradually changed from making bespoke suits and jackets to producing Leather and Lambskin jackets.We are a small manufacturing unit with a team of 30 staff who work to very high standards.Our beautiful handcrafted jackets are shipped to many stores in New Zealand and all around the World. Our garments are designed to a brief of timeless style to work with today’s fashion and be comfortable and easy care. We make under our own label Knight of New Zealand Limited and also produce for private labels in New Zealand and globally.
All Knights garments are cut and made individually. Unlike most clothing that is mass produced on production lines, every garment is treated as a “one-off”. A good comparison would be a hand built car compared to cars produced on a production line system. Because these garments are made from a natural product, each one has it’s own unique characteristics and no two garments are exactly the same.
Every Knight of New Zealand garment is individually made, rather than mass produced. We call this “commercial craft” as opposed to mass production.
- Every Knight Lambskin garment is full dry-cleanable.
- Dry cleaning should be carried out before your garment gets too heavily solid but ONLY BY A SPECIALIST LEATHER and SUEDE GARMENT DRY CLEANER
- Full cleaning instructions for use by the dry cleaner are permanently sewn into the garment.
- If your garment becomes rain spotted, do not brush while damp. Hang the garment to dry naturally on a well-shaped coat hanger away from excess sun, wind and artificial heat sources.
- Please note – this product is not waterproof.
- Never put a damp garment away in a cupboard or wardrobe, wait until the garment is completely dry.
- Always store your garment well away from direct, strong sunlight as the special dyes that are used for natural skins are sensitive to strong ultra-violet sunlight.